April 29, 2010

This Is Just The Beginning

Yet again, most of Southern Alberta is under a winter storm warning (although we're in the spring month, apparently they still refer to it as a "winter" storm warning because it's winter condtions). I honestly thought we'd be waking up to snow again this morning, thankfully it's just huge puddles (some might even call them ponds!). For the past two nights I've been awoken to the noice of the rain/ice pelting our bedroom window. Last night was especially bad; the whole house shook. Since watching Lost so much lately, I was a little rattled myself when that happened; thankfully I went right back to sleep though.


Our poor mud pit yard in front of our house.

The snow on the back of the Blazer was mostly slush thankfully. Temperatures are about 1 degree, thankfully it isn't colder, or else this would have been rock hard.

I've only recetly noticed how nice an green the grass is. And, while driving this morning, I noticed the trees have that "green glow" to them and are starting to bud out.

All day yesterday was rainy. I'm not sure the ground can absorb any more moisture.

My Olympic mittens are keeping me warm and happy. It's funny, on the day of the closing ceremonies (and more importantly the gold medal mens hockey game), February 28, we had the patio door open (screen closed so Lowie wouldn't escape) and the weather was beautiful! Yes, we've kyboshed our plans of going camping this weekend; we'll do that another time, when we have warm weather again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails