December 6, 2010

Justin's Also Got Some Christmas Surprises For Me

Today at lunch Justin called me randomly. It's always nice to hear from your husband during the day, but he never calls without a question or concern, never just to say hi. I found it a little odd, but didn't put too much thought into it after we hung up. I had asked him if he was going to buy and put up the Christmas lights tonight (as had been the plan) and he didn't seem too interested in the idea of it. No big deal, we've never ever put up lights before, I can go another year without them - and it'll be cheaper to buy the lights after Christmas.

Justin does normally call me at the end of the day, and I found it weird when he didn't today. While I was driving home I wondered if he was going to be there when I got there, and if not I was planning on making nachos for supper. When I got to the point where I can see our house, I looked to see if the lights were on, indicating that Justin was home already. It normally takes me a little bit to figure out which house is ours, and today I used the Christmas lights to indicate (our house is one without them in a row of a few houses with them): Chrstmas lights, Christmas lights, Christmas lights - hey wait - that's our house! And with lights already up. I was beaming from ear to ear!

So, when Justin called me this afternoon, he had an alterior motive - he wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be at home so he could surprise me! He left work around noon, went out and bought the lights, then strung them up. We had a little conversation about the colour of the lights the other day, "do they have to be all white, or can there be some colour?" (You see, I hate coloured lights). Justin did a fantastic job, and bought white icicle lights and blue and white LEDs. Blue I can handle - it's the red ones, the orange, ones the yellow that I just can't stand; and if they're all on the same strand all mixed up together - uh - I hate it!

Since he was home all day, he made chili for supper that was ready when I got home. I asked why the colour seemed a little bit off, and Justin said he messed up and made it a little differently than normal. Last night we had ham and scalloped potatoes; while we were eating he kept asking if I like how the ham tasted. Yes, I like ham and it was delishious. He then told me he messed up, and instead of syrup and brown sugar for the glaze, he made it out of butter and brown sugar - what he does for carrots. He kept saying "who cooks meat in butter?" After two days of not-so-perfect-in-his-opinion meals (meals that normally he doens't have to think twice about how to make), I'm begining to think he's sabatoging these meals just so I ask him to stop cooking!

Last night I had a really bad sleep, I kept tossing and turning and it took me forever to finally fall asleep. (Waking up at 10:19 Saturday morning I'm sure threw out my time clock.) While I was laying there, I was thinking about asking Nicole to go to aqua fit with me again tonight. I didn't think anymore of it until she texted me in the afternoon and said she was going and wanted moral support! Absolutely - Mexico bootcamp is in full swing again now that my foot is mostly healed.
But, right now I'm sitting here eating a (healthy) snack of whole grain nacho chips with some low-fat cheese melted on top, a sliced granny smith apple and a glass of water, thinking of bed after the big work out. Off I go, hopefully to get a much better sleep than I got last night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails